Monday, March 24, 2008

The Planting has Started

Polka-Spot-Kids


The polka spot kids helped on Good Friday. I think it was early to start but Mr. Polka Spot thinks we will be ok. Worst case scenario we can replant some things.

From plants we started roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, onions, bellpeppers, chyenne pepper, jalepeno peppers, some other peppers that I don't remember.

From seeds we started pink eyed purple hull peas, green lima beans, kale, spinach, salad mix, romaine, cantalope, watermelon and broccli.

Today the plan is to start the herbs, but I think that I will wait for a little while. We found some cool hanging pots for the Patio. Mr. Polka Spot hung them yesterday.

If you've missed it, I have a personal blog over at Sweet Southern Knits
I will try to move all of my gardening posts from there to here over the next few months. I have lots on my plate right now so I know it won't be in the next 3 weeks.

No comments: